Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Detecting Breast Cancer In Dense and Non-Dense Breasts | StrongerThanCancer

Detecting Breast Cancer In Dense and Non-Dense Breasts | StrongerThanCancer

This could be an improvement. I have dense breasts, although I don't think that impacted my mammogram, the breast cancer was pretty obvious by the time I had the mammogram, and I was young, so had no previous experience to say whether it would have been detected at an earlier stage.

Any improvement in diagnostics, especially for conditions that are difficult to read is good.

BUT, I will be interested to see further information on the amount of radiation etc this imaging exposes us to. It seems with every advance, we are so eager to see results against the cancer, and we forget that the equipment or treatments may be contributing to future disease - all of this should be taken into consideration... and yet it rarely is, in the 'business' of medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment